The “Water Security in Jordan- from data to decision’ is a consortium of higher education institutions promoting “evidence based knowledge” as an effective tool for decision making towards a water secure Jordan. Our mission is to rethink and redesign current and ongoing research concepts jointly with the stakeholders to co-create knowledge that is demanded by the society, in particular.
- To focus on research questions triggered by the needs of the decision makers and stakeholders in responding to current and potential societal challenges.
- To form innovation ecosystems channeling research results to social innovation processes and products with market potential.
- To create spaces for collaboration between scientists, policy makers and stakeholders from various sectors to discuss the diverse facets of water security and harmonize current and future research between academia and practice.
This first dialogue workshop invites key decision makers and stakeholders to support us to understand and obtain practice driven insights to current challenges of water security and demand for joint activities. There are three specific objective for the workshop:
- To introduce motivation and objective of the WaterD2D project
- To understand the knowledge and innovation demand by stakeholders for decision making process regarding the water security
- To agree on pilot projects and further joint activities to be further investigated during the project base on the consortium competencies and current challenges of water security